Monday, December 10, 2007

Big Foot

School was closed today due to an ice storm. After things melted off a bit, I decided to drag AJ out to do some Christmas shopping for his cousins and teachers. (Okay. I admit it, there was a bit of a bribe involving lunch at his favorite restaurant, Mongolian Buffet.)

I kept getting after him for walking slow (-er than usual) and, well...weird. After about the tenth time I said something to him it occurred to me to check his shoes. They certainly did seem a little tight...could account for how he was walking. We popped into the nearest shoe store to get measured. He limped in wearing a size three. He skipped out wearing a size 4 1/2.

There are lots of up-sides to having a kid that never complains about anything, but this isn't one of them.

Yeah...as a matter of fact I do feel like a real jerk.

2 comments:

moplans said...

awww. It shows what a sweetie he is but
I just read your comment at David's.
My daughter has an intellectual disability and I could not agree more with the idea about passivity being a problem.

Tamara said...

Geez, C, like don't you check his shoe size on the third Thursday of every month???

Let your Martha Stewart out! :-)