Monday, April 23, 2007

Coconut

I recently bought a whole coconut thinking it would be fun and interesting for AJ to see how it was opened and what was inside. He was immediately intrigued. I pierced the eye and was shaking the coconut milk into a glass. He was watching intently and dancing along to the rhythm of my shaking. I laughed and told him, "Sing!" He immediately broke into song. The tune was vaguely familiar and I kept hearing the word 'coconut' and saw him put his hands on his stomach a couple of times. He quite obviously knew exactly what he was singing. It took me a minute to catch on to the lyrics...but then I got it and I have no idea how he knows it:

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one, she paid if for a lime
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up
She put a lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up
And said, "Doctor ain't there nothing I can take.
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?
I say, Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?"

~ Harry Nilsson~








No comments: